Our client is a large-scale farm based in Laikipia. They are looking to hire an Irrigation Manager responsible for ensuring all crops planted have adequate water and nutrients for optimum growth.
Supervising irrigation/fertigation activities
- Planning, Implementation and evaluation of Irrigation Schedules at the farm, ensuring the right amount of water goes on the right crop at the right time
- Ensuring that weekly and daily irrigation programs are implemented on time and efficiently.
- Ensuring proper water coverage of all crops, eliminating water waste through leakages and spillage.
- Implementing set and agreed on fertigation programs
- Ensuring the drainage system in the farm is efficient and always working
Maintenance of irrigation machinery and equipment
- Plan and oversee the correct use, timely and Proper maintenance of all irrigation tools, systems & Equipment
- Reporting any breakages of pipes or equipment to management asap and supervising repairs
- Creating a monthly schedule of repairs and maintenance for all irrigation equipment
- Training of staff in the Irrigation and Fertigation department.
- Ensuring that irrigation team leaders allocate daily work targets to staff and record the performance of all team members
- Accurately complete all related records on Irrigation, Fertigation within stipulated deadlines and acceptable standards
Any other duties may be assigned from time to time by the immediate supervisor, manager or senior management.
Qualification, Skills and Experience
- BSc in any Agriculture related course
- At least 5 years experience in the irrigation department of a busy farm
- Knowledge and experience in Plumbing is an added advantage
- Experience in Pivot, Overhead and drip Irrigation systems is highly desired