We are looking to hire a Procurement Officer based in Nairobi, Kenya.
The Procurement Officer will be tasked to provide technical leadership in the supply chain management in the organization in line with existing policies and procedures.
They will directly report to the Chief Finance Officer of the organization.
- Support development and review of procurement policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the consolidation and implementation of organizational procurement plans.
- Ensuring that all frameworks are re-procured at least every two (2) years being sure to get the best value for money.
- Coordinating the disposal of obsolete assets and stocks.
- Support development and establishment of standards and specifications for the procurement of organizational goods and services.
- Responsible for developing, reviewing, and updating the procurement manual and standard operating procedures in an automated environment as appropriate.
- Providing advice and guidance for effective and efficient implementation of procurement plans.
- Managing contacts with suppliers of goods and services with close oversight of fast-moving goods.
- Roll out SAP (procurement module) and support all staff.
- Maintenance and control of stocks inventory.
- Preparation of prequalification and tender documents, receipts of bids and analysis.
- Preparing monthly and quarterly procurement reports to track procurement efficiency.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor of Business Administration and Management / Supplies Management; Diploma in Purchasing and Supply Chain Management (CIPS) or Master’s degree in Purchasing and Logistics.
- Five (5) years working experience in Purchasing, Logistics or Supply Chain Management.
- Good understanding of the local market forces and pricing systems.
- Excellent IT skills.