Our Client is a Micro Credit institution that focuses on financial intermediation to the population at the bottom of the pyramid to enhance financial inclusion to support individuals & strengthen the community as a way of fighting poverty. They provide innovative financial Products & services that help create sustainable wealth for the Micro, Small, and Medium enterprise (MSMEs) owners. A successful Micro-franchising model with over 35 franchise units and growing.
We are looking for a Talent Acquisition Officer to support HR growth efforts across the business and its affiliates. They will be responsible for the development of end-to-end talent acquisition strategy with a particular focus on future talent, employer brand and building a talent pipeline that supports succession planning.
- Development of Strategy and processes in talent acquisition from end to end.
- Developing agile resourcing models and driving the transformational change required in resourcing and talent management.
- Develop and update job descriptions and job specifications
- Prepare recruitment material and post jobs to appropriate job boards, social media platforms etc.
- Source and recruit candidates by using databases or referrals
- Manage the recruitment and selection process in liaison with Heads of Departments to attract, select and appoint suitable candidates to either long term or short-term jobs in the organization.
- Forecasting expected personnel demands, developing forward-thinking approaches to achieve objectives in line with the company’s growth strategies and creating talent pools.
- Collaborate with business leaders across the company to understand business goals and to build development strategies that ensure a strong future talent pipeline as well as manage internal talent pools as part of the wider company talent management agenda.
- Deploying innovative, efficient and effective sourcing strategies, building lasting relationships with potential candidate pools, whilst providing exceptional candidate experience.
- Giving candidate feedback during and after the recruitment process.
- Responsible for optimal resourcing and talent deployment across the business.
- Weekly reporting of all recruitment initiatives including talent spotting and training of talent aimed at creating talent pools
- Development and implementation of a comprehensive Induction and on-boarding program that aligns with the company’s workforce strategy and retention initiatives.
- Performance tracking for all staff on probation and ensuring that they undergo performance reviews, documenting the process and reporting to Head of HR.
- Collaboration with department heads on updating role requirements, defining and redefining new job roles in the company.
- Overall responsibility for talent analytics for business and HR insights for decision making.
- Conducting background checks for all new hires.
- Lead employer branding initiatives
- Organize and attend job fairs and recruitment events
- Bachelor’s Degree in human resources or any business related course
- 3-5 years of experience working in a busy recruitment firm/agency as a talent acquisition officer
- Higher National Diploma or CHRP will be an added advantage
- MUST be a member of IHRM
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Familiarity with social media, resume databases and professional networks (e.g. LinkedIn)
- Hands-on experience with full-cycle recruiting using various interview techniques and evaluation methods
- Knowledge of Applicant Tracking Systems (ATSs)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent planning skills
- Reporting skills