We’re looking to hire a CONSTRUCTION MANAGER in Construction based in Kenya.
The Construction Manager will be tasked to plan all construction (building and road) projects and oversee their progress along the way in a timely and cost-effective manner from conception to construction. He/she will be responsible for budgeting, organization, implementation, scheduling and people of the construction projects. He/she will report to the Group Chief Executive Officer.
- Construction Management
- Oversee and direct construction projects from conception to completion.
- Revive the project in-depth to schedule deliverables and estimate costs.
- Develop and revive internal systems, procedures and practices in line with the group standards and designed to continuality enhance the efficiency of the company’s construction activities.
- Advise on selection of tools, materials and equipment for project activities.
- People Management
- Coordinate and direct construction workers and sub- contractors.
- Review the work progress on daily or weekly basis as appropriate.
- Establishes work plan and staffing for each phase of projects and arranges for
recruitment or assignment of project personnel in liaison with the HR function.
- Ensure quality construction standards and the use of proper construction techniques.
- Oversee all onsite and offsite constructions to monitor compliance with building and safety regulations.
- Meet contractual conditions of performance of construction projects.
- Negotiate terms of agreement, drafts contracts and obtain permits and licenses.
- Analyze, manage and mitigate risks related to all construction projects.
- Prepare internal and external reports pertaining to construction status at periodic intervals and flag any potential risks.
- Plan ahead to prevent problems and resolve any emerging ones.
- Monitor the progress of all projects and keep the Directors informed of any critical issues.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Construction Management.
- Proficient in MS Office Word, Excel.
- Minimum seven (7) years construction site management experience (road/ building).
- Expert knowledge of building products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations and quality standards.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff.
- Skilled at solving conflict between different project members and staff.
- Outstanding negotiation, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Strong leadership skills
Interested candidates should send their CV ONLY in pdf to firstname.lastname@example.org at the immediate, deadline for applications is 10th August, 2021.
Ensure the subject to your email is CONSTRUCTION MANAGER.